Published and Promoted by Carys Price on behalf of Chris Elmore both at 44a Penybont Road, Pencoed, CF35 5RA.

  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Facebook Icon

MP and AM Concerned Over Ford Announcement

September 6, 2016

Chris Elmore MP and Huw Irranca-Davies AM have raised concerns over the announcement that the Ford plants requirement appear to be dropping from 750 to 550 employees. The letter, given to staff on Tuesday September 6th, says the investment would be £100 million to do 125k engines and would require “labour of approximately 550” rather than the 250k engines, £180 million and 750 employees which was the previously proposed investment.

 

In a joint statement the AM and MP said:

 

“We’re deeply concerned about this announcement and will be keeping a close eye on the situation. We will be working with the Welsh Government Economy Minister Ken Skates, Unite the Union as well as arranging a meeting with Ford. Our main priority is protecting the workforce at the Bridgend plant.”

 

The changes, due to be implemented by 2018, was announced to staff via a letter on September 6th.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload